To edit videos shot with a Giroptic iO we recommend transferring the footage to a computer and using Adobe Premier Pro.
To conserve the appropriate formatting, the video exporting will have to be done respecting the following parameters: 2048×1024 MP4/h264
Adding 360 metadata
To be able to view videos in spherical on platform supporting the 360 format, metadata will need to be added the edited video. To do so we recommend using a Google program called ‘360 Video Metadata’. Here is a tutorial to use it with your 360 videos:
- Download the 360 Video Metadata app for
- Mac: https://github.com/google/spatial-media/releases/download/v2.0/360.Video.Metadata.Tool.mac.zip
- Windows: https://github.com/google/spatial-media/releases/download/v2.0/360.Video.Metadata.Tool.win.zip
- Unzip the file, then open the 360 Video Metadata app. If you’re on a Mac, you may need to right-click the app and then click Open.Select the video file.
- Select the checkbox for Spherical and click Save as. Do not select the “3D Top-bottom” checkbox.
- Enter a name for the file that will be created.
- Save the file. A new file will be created automatically in the same location as the original file.